Primrose Rainbow is a customer favourite, and it is easy to see why! A hardy outdoor variety with a long flowering period running from late Winter through to early Spring. This lovely Primrose will bring bright, cheery colour to your borders, pots and containers with its dazzling mix of red, yellow, blue, white, and pink blooms. It will continue to perform, in all but the most extreme of weather.
What Is Supplied
Item 401219 supplied as:
10 x Garden Ready Plants
Deadhead any faded flowers for extra growth
- Give your plugs a little attention on arrival - unpack them immediately, and either mist them or stand them in water for an hour - they may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but theyíll quickly recover. If you canít do this, they can sit in Mini Greenhouses for a week if upright and not too wet.
- We recommend that you leave them to settle for a day somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When you're ready to pot on, use a good quality, multi-purpose compost, and fill 3-4in pots (7-10cm).
- Make a hole in the compost with a dibber or your finger, then holding each plug by its root ball, place it into the hole and gently firm the compost around it.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry as they donít like to be left in standing water.
- Grow on either on a bright windowsill or a greenhouse for 3-4 weeks before potting up into containers or into flower beds.
- Primroses enjoy moist, well-drained soil. Established plants can be planted out anytime unless the soil is waterlogged or frozen.
- Dig a hole the same size as the plantís root ball. Place the plant in position, firm down the soil and water.
- To prolong flowering, remove spent flower heads and remove any yellow leaves.
- Divide clumps every couple of years in early autumn.