Planting Advice for your Alstroemeria Inca:
- Position in full sun.
- Mix fertiliser and organic matter into the soil around where you want to plant.
- Make a planting hole in this soil mixture, the right depth so that the top of the plantís root ball is level with the top of the soil.
- If the soil is dry, fill the empty hole with water and leave it to drain.
- Place the plant in the hole, backfilling around it and firm well, water well.
- Add a layer of mulch if you like, to help keep the roots moist, although donít allow the mulch pile up against the plantís stem.
- Water regularly.
Planting in a container:
- Put some crocks loosely over the potís hole and add good quality, fresh compost, mixing in some slow release fertiliser.
- Place the well-watered plant onto the compost and firm well in - the compost should finish level with the top of the root ball.
Aftercare for Your Peruvian Lily Collection:
- Inca alstroemerias are winter hardy, however mulch well in the first couple of winters to ensure that the plant is well established and can get through the winter on its own.
- Free-draining soil is essential.