Lobelia Trail Away is a perfect choice for filling your hanging baskets and pots where they will gently spill over the edges with its dainty little flowers in subtle shades of blue, purple, and white. Easy to grow, these fabulous flowers will fill your garden with their spectacular colour as early as May and last all the way through to the first frost in November. Happy in both full sun or part shade, these gorgeous trailing Lobelia will team effortlessly with Petunias and Verbenas. Delivered as a pack of 40 pro plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
What Is Supplied
Item 490234 supplied as:
40 Pro Plugs
Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- Plant straight into containers and grow on for a week or two before placing out.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry.
- They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous containers that last the whole season.
- Check and water containers every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.