Antirrhinum Antiquity are a scented variety with a bushy habit which will produce a profusion of two-tone flowers in a stunning mix of pinks, reds, corals and white. Not only will this variety bring beautiful colour to your containers and borders, but it is also perfect for attracting bees to your garden. Perfect for planting in either full sun or partial shade, they will be in bloom from May to November and make superb cut flowers to be enjoyed inside the home too. Supplied as a pack of 60 pro+ plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
What Is Supplied
Item 490231 supplied as:
Supplied as a pack of 60 pro+ plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
Deadhead faded snapdragon flowers frequently to encourage more blooms to be produced.
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- Plant straight into containers and grow on for a week or two before placing out.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry.
- They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous containers that last the whole season.
- Check and water containers every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.