Begonia Compacta will make a bright and colourful addition to your summer floral displays. In a range of fabulous shades of pinks, reds, yellows, and whites, they burst into life from May and last all the way through to the first frost in November, creating a perfect contrast against the lovely green foliage. With their non-stop flowering and ability to happily grow in shady spots, Begonia Compacta is a superb choice for your borders and containers. Supplied as a pack of 60 pro+ plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
What Is Supplied
Item 490294 supplied as:
Supplied as a pack of 60 pro+ plug plants, ready to grow on before planting out.
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- Plant straight into containers and grow on for a week or two before placing out.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry.
- They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous containers that last the whole season.
- Check and water containers every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.