Growing your own exotic Oyster mushrooms couldn't be simpler with this brand new fresh mushroom kit from the mushroom specialists! Oyster mushrooms can be difficult to grow but these kits are guaranteed by a specialist small-batch mushroom farm with over 50 years of growing experience.
Other kits on the market have very little success rates and so this kit has been specially created to provide customers with a grow-your-own kit that actually works!
Once received and activated, you'll start to see a tasty crop of fresh, healthy, organic mushrooms within just a couple of weeks. Oyster mushrooms are a versatile cooking ingredient, adding wonderful flavours and nutrition.
Perfect as a gift for even the complete grow-your-own novice, all you need is a quick daily spray of water. The instructions on the tub are simple to follow and will guarantee your success.
Arriving as a complete kit, you don't need anything else to get going. Simply follow the instructions on the pack and grow.
What Is Supplied
Item 700008 supplied as:
Cultivation of oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus), grown on EKO-label straw.
The set contains a plastic bag with sub-strate. When opening the box, check if the substrate has grown completely white, otherwise close the box with the carton lid (you no longer need the plastic lid) and store for 10-14 days at 20-25oC. Make sure that you leave the plastic bag around the substrate.
1) CULTIVATION: You start the cultiva-tion process by making five 2-3cm inci-sions in the plastic containing the substrate. Then water the substrate with ¼ litre of water, so that the surface is moist. (then leave the set with the carton lid on it at a temperature of 20-25 degrees Celcius)
2) After around 2 weeks, white pins ap-pear. Now take the lid from the box, indent the four corners of the lid, remove the inner circle from the top of the lid, and put it back on the box. Now put the box in a room where daylight enters, at a tempera-ture of 10-15oC, but not in direct sunlight.
3) Make sure that the surface of the sub-strate NEVER dries out. Moisten at least once a day with a plant spray (not too wet)
4) From the white pins, small stems with grey dots appear, the so-called 'cluster'. Continue to spray the mushrooms daily to prevent them drying out during fruiting.
5) HARVESTING: total harvesting time may extend to three months. A cluster must be pulled out from the substrate with a turning movement, make sure that no part of flesh remains in the substrate. Before consumption, trim the mushroom 1cm below the gills. The stems, which are slightly tougher, can be used to make a sauce or soup. Now the cycle repeats itself at point 3. You may harvest 3 times from the set. Before each harvest run, make 5 new incisions in the plastic.
Good luck and bon appetit.