Despite its delicate appearance, this lovely plant is nigh on indestructible!
More than happy to grow in even the poorest of soils and dappled shade, it forms a cloud of clusters of tiny pink-purple blooms on fern-like foliage. Spells of poor summer weather do not seem to bother it and the plant look fresh, healthy and colourful all year – a brilliant choice year-round interest.
Ideal for mixed borders, it provides a lovely contrast against larger leaved shrubs and perennials and its haze of pink blooms are not only great for filling up gaps outdoors but lovely for cutting and displayed in a vase indoors.
A great all-rounder, give this top-performing perennial a go!
Supplied as an established plant in a 9cm pot, ready for planting.
What Is Supplied
Item 561161 supplied as:
Supplied as an established plant in a 9cm pot, ready for planting
If grown in fertile soil, plants will grow rapidly and may need staking to prevent the spires of bloom from toppling over.
Plant in fertile soil that does not dry out, ideal in woodland gardens.
Prefers light shade and may need staking.
Plants are late to emerge after winter dormancy, new leaves will appear from mid to late spring.
- Water your potted plant well.
- Dig a hole a little deeper and 3 x wider than the nursery pot.
- Add a soil conditioner such as well-rotted manure to the earth removed from the hole if necessary.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Place your plant in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball.
- Water well and mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.