This Hardy Shrub Collection will provide your garden with year-round interest. From vibrant colours, different textures and an array of heights and shapes, this collection is simply fabulous and a must have for every garden. Perfect for filling in gaps in existing beds and borders or planting as a standalone specimen in a pot or container, they grow quickly and provide your garden with spectacular displays years after year.
In this collection:
- Berberis thunbergii 'Atropurpurea': A great hedging plant because of its spiky branches, but also a beautiful garden plant. The yellow flowers appear in late spring and the purple foliage provides lovely autumn colour. Grows up to 150cm in height and 150cm spread.
- Syringa vulgaris: The common Lilac produces fragrant, lavender-coloured blooms each May. Hardy, deciduous and great for hedging, it grows up to 800cm in height and 800cm spread.
- Hypericum Hidcote: With masses of saucer-shaped, buttery yellow flowers from early to late autumn contrasted against lush, semi-evergreen foliage, it is compact and bushy and great for feature hedging. Holds the RHS Award of Garden Merit. Grows up to 150cm in height and 150cm spread.
- Deutzia scabra: Also known as the 'Fuzzy Deutzia', this native of Japan and China grows up to 400cm in height and 250cm spread, and smothers itself in pure white fragrant flowers in June.
- Potentilla Yellow: A tall, upright shrub with rich green foliage, smothered in beautiful yellow flowers from late spring to the first frosts. Robust and drought tolerant even in exposed conditions, it likes a sunny spot. Deadhead to keep the flowers coming and trim in autumn. Grows up to 150cm in height and 100cm spread.
- Spirea douglasii: Part of the rose family, it is often know as the 'Rose Spirea'. Easy to grow with masses of pretty pink flowers in early summer. Perfect for small spaces. Grows up to 250cm in height with 250cm spread.
- Weigela rosea: A lovely garden shrub, with fabulous pink flower colour in May, June and July. Grows up to 250cm in height with 250cm spread.
- Forsythia intermedia 'Spectabilis': Literally one of the most spectacular early season shrubs because of its bright yellow bloom. Perfect for hedges and really easy to grow. Grows up to 300cm in height with 180cm spread, although can be trimmed into a tidy hedge.
- Tamarix tetandra: Commonly known as the 'Tamarisk' or 'Salt Cedar', this upright, deciduous shrub or small tree has gracefully arching dark branches and needle-like foliage. A superb focal point, it produces masses of feathery plumes of tiny pink blossom from April to May. Holds the RHS Award of Garden Merit. Grows up to 800cm in height with 800cm spread.
- Philadelphus coronarius: Commonly known as the 'Mock Orange', it will be clothed in a profusion of creamy white, fabulously fragrant flowers through June and July. Grows up to 250cm in height with 150cm spread.
- Cornus alba: The 'Red-Barked Dogwood' provides fantastic autumn colour with its bright red vertical branches. In summer it leafs up and has soft pink flowers in mid-summer. Grows up to 250cm in height with 250cm spread.
- Symphoricarpos albus: Known as the 'Common Snowberry' for obvious reasons! The berries provide much-needed winter food for wildlife. Grows up to 150cm in height with 150cm spread.