Imagine sitting in your garden this spring, basking in the afternoon sun and surrounded by incredibly beautiful cherry blossom. Amanogawa is a delightful flowering cherry which is literally covered in elegant, shell-pink flowers throughout spring. It is very similar to other flowering cherries such as Kanzan, however it grows in an upright fashion forming a very compact, tall habit making it perfect for anyone who wants the benefits of one of these truly majestic trees but has limited space.
What Is Supplied
Item 500056 supplied as:
Supplied as a freshly lifted bare root tree approx. 1-1.2m tall.
Plant Care Information
Best planted in autumn, from October to November choose a sheltered location (to protect the blossom when it emerges in the spring).
- Dig a square hole as deep as the roots and approximately 1.5x as wide.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the planting hole to help the plant establish quicker.
- Spread the roots gently and place into the planting hole.
- Mix well rotted compost or manure with the soil taken from the hole and then use to backfill around the tree.
- Keep well-watered until established.
- Keep the area free of competing weeds and protect the tree with a rabbit guard if necessary to protect your young cherry tree.
- Pruning your tree for the first few years will create a more balanced branch framework - prune after flowering and before the new shoot growth appears to create an open goblet shape - removing any twisted, damaged or dead branches.
Fully Grown Plant Dimensions (approx)